- I don't just believe we have a good bet on our hands here. I know we do. Paddy Power have Santa Cruz as the underdog in this fight. Wrong! If Santa Cruz isn't favourite with every bookie around then I will never tip on BK again. You have my word.
- The odds on Cruz are dropping all over the place. I backed him @ 1.86 DNB with Bet365. It's now 1.66 there.
- So enough about odds. Santa Cruz should be the favourite because he's on a mission and riding the crest of a wave at the moment. He's a superb pressure fighter and I don't believe he will be denied in this one. He attacks relentlessly, which I feel will eventually see Mares back peddle and fold. He's 30-0-1 and has a 3" height advantage.
- Mares is 29-1-1. The figure in the middle is the one to focus one. He was a heavy favourite when he fought Johnny Gonzalez. He was smashed to pieces in 1 round. I don't believe he's really ever recovered from that. He's fought 3 times since, against guys that were chosen to boost his withered confidence. He's not set the world alight with those displays and simply isn't ready for the juggernaut that awaits him.
- I see a late rounds stoppage in this one. Mares will try to box and it won't be enough to keep his man at bay. If he tries to brawl in return then the fight is as good as over. It's exactly what Santa Cruz wants.
- Grab this one whatever way you can. It's 1.95 @ Marathon and 1.91 at some others. Odds like that won't be around much longer.