- Venezuelan southpaw, Ismael Barroso 18-0-2 (17 ko's), arrives in London to take on nearly man, Kevin Mitchell 39-3 (29 ko's).
- On paper you'd think that Mitchell has far too much experience for the visitor however, you can never be sure of how far an undefeated fighter can go. Barroso has been fighting sub par opposition to date, mostly in central America, but has 17 ko's in his 18 victories. That fact alone needs to be taken seriously. He had 2 draws earlier in his career.
- He throws his punches with mean intentions, without appearing too predictable. He'll look to pressure Mitchell early, pushing him back and eventually getting the stoppage. He's a big strong lightweight and should be a real handful.
- Are there question marks? Of course. This tip involves a bit of guess work, but that's where the juicy odds come from. Can Barroso cope with the movement and speed of Mitchell? Can Mitchell stand up to the power of Barroso? From a betting perspective I certainly wouldn't touch Mitchell.
- All 3 Mitchell defeats have come by stoppage. His last fight was ended due to the gruesome cut and eye swelling he suffered at the hands of Jorge Linares. Will the eye be an issue in this one? If it is as competitive as we think it might be then it may come down to who's face/body/mind holds up the best.
- I'm personally excited to see how this one plays out. Even if Mitchell boxes beautifully for the first half of the fight, if our man is still continuing to put the pressure on and hasn't received too much punishment, it's very much game on. Barroso is very confident of getting the stoppage. He has the appearance of a man who knows how hard he hits. He won't hold back and try to outbox Mitchell, that's for sure.
- The odds have actually managed to hold quite well. 3.5 is a stand out price.